Ligia Maura Costa, Advocacia combines highest standards with local and international expertise. Our strategy is to provide our clients with a world class service. Many of the world’s leading organizations look to Ligia Maura Costa, Advocacia not just for legal and consulting expertise but for advice on business issues and opportunities. We participate and advise at the highest level of government, business and regulation. Sharing know-how across borders and jurisdictions, innovative thinking in terms of legal services, promoting best practice to our clients business, recognizing that there is always more that Ligia Maura Costa, Advocacia can do for clients.
These are our Values:
- Integrity in dealings with our clients, the courts and our adversaries;
- Competence which is marked by creativity that makes the quality and value of our services distinctive;
- A dedication to our clients’ interests which distinguish Ligia Maura Costa, Advocacia from others in the profession;
- An independence which enables us to advice, what is in the best interests of our clients;
- Courage in representing our clients in hostile and challenging environments;
- An understanding of our clients’ concerns and objectives;
- A commitment to provide quality legal services to our clients with real efficiency and within an organization structured to facilitate, rather than to impede, the achievement of these objectives;
Ligia Maura COSTA is full professor at Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo – Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV-EAESP). She is also professor at Sciences Po, Paris and Universität St. Gallen. She received her habilitation degree in international law (“Livre-Docência”) from Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de São Paulo (FDUSP).
She holds a Ph.D. and a LL.M both in international trade law from the University of Paris-X and a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from FDUSP. She was Visiting Scholar at the University of Michigan Law School and a postdoctoral fellow at Sciences Po, Paris. She is author of several books and many articles in Brazil and abroad and has worked at the WTO in the Legal Affairs Division. She was visiting professor at HEC, Paris, TsinghuaUniversity – SEM (School of Economics and Management) and St. PetersburgStateUniversity – GSOM (Graduate School of Management).
She has taught and lectured in several foreign countries, such as US, Peru, India, South Korea, Mexico and Belgium, among others. Ligia Maura Costa has extensive experience in negotiating international contracts, preparing legal opinions, structuring M&A, joint ventures, engineering and construction agreements and drafting and implementing CSR codes. Ligia Maura Costa has experience in arbitration procedures, having being appointed as arbitrator in different jurisdictions and expert witness in common law and civil law countries. She is a senior partner of the law firm Ligia Maura Costa, Advocacia, with offices in São Paulo and Paris.